Friday, October 21, 2011

Tonight We Make History: Columbus vs Detroit Preview 10-21-2011

Puck Drop: 730pm
TV/Radio: Fox Sports Ohio/ 97.1 and Bluejackets.com


Tonight, no matter the outcome, we make history. The question is will it be laughable history or honorable history. Will the Jackets ruin the Red Wings win streak? Will the Jackets continue their lose streak and enter the franchise hall of fame for worst start to a season? 
Tonight the Red Wings take the ice at home after six games off and a week long of running around thanking the town. There is no doubt they are well rested and itching to play. The question is will the time off from competition make them hungry for a win? Or will they take tonight lightly because the Jackets have a win less season? With the Red Wings defense being spot on this season I fear for yet another loss for the Jackets. Especially since the Red Wings play the same regardless of who is on or off the ice. Also, you can't forget the fact Swede Johan Franzen is on fire. 2 goals, 2 assists, and 4 points the Jackets need to watch him. Anytime Franzen has an opening it's going to be bad news. He will seize the opportunity and fire one into the hole faster than Jackets fans can find the nearest bridge. The only downside for the Red Wings is Todd Bertuzzi. A player known for cheap shots that helps rally their opponent to a win.

Tonight the Jackets take the ice beat down yet hopeful. Tonight they look to turn it around. Can they do it? I believe they can but then again I'm biased. I grew up right outside of Chicago and my whole family is Ohio State lovers. Therefore, I loathe everything Michigan. False, I like Ford pick up trucks, Motown music, the sand dunes and the fact I can get to Canada. The real point here is I dislike the dirty stinky armpit of the United States also known as DETROIT. I don't like Bertuzzi as a player. He scares me. I'm afraid he's going to take out one of my babies tonight. So tonight I look forward to seeing the Umberger, Brassard and Nash line. Towards the end of the last game they started to flow better. They started to connect. Tonight I believe they will finally come together and light it up. Out of all of the lines Arniel has put together the first line of Umberger, Brassard, and Nash is my favorite. Hopefully the excitement and dedication that line brings to the ice will trickle down to the rest of the team. Even though Russell is -1 look for him to bring some energy tonight. His goal last game set the Jackets on fire. I look for Russell or Brassard to score first tonight. 

What needs to happen:

  • Nash needs to calm down. He's so amped up about having to win these next few games it's affecting his game play. He cannot whiff 2 inches away from the net tonight. 
  • The Jackets need to learn the Goal Post is NOT your friend. 
  • Mason needs to watch his glove side. It's been what kills him the past few games. 
  • The Jackets need to score first and hold off all the Red Wings advances. 
  • Franzen needs to be watched. One man needs to be on him at all times.
  • And obviously the Jackets need to win. It's sad to say it already but it's DO OR DIE TIME


I scream
you scream
we all scream for some history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment