Wednesday, April 6, 2011

THE EMPTY NET HEART ATTACK: a semi review of the Blue Jackets: 0 vs Stars: 3

When I watch a hockey game there are TWO things I pray I won't see.

1. A skate to the carotid artery
2. An empty net

After watching the highlights from the game last night I am SO GLAD I couldn't watch the game.

Within the first five minutes of the game Dallas attacked the net and scored on a power play. That's fine. That kind of thing  happens. Even to Stanley Cup Champions.

For the rest of the game the Jackets fought back like their lives depended on it. Like they were fighting for that last playoff spot. A play-off spot that is so far out of reach at this point in the season for them.

Then there was the third period. Oh the third period. With a minute left in the period the Jackets pulled their goalie. My heart dropped and for forty five seconds I did not breathe. Dallas scored two goals in 45 seconds. TWO!
They tried, you can tell they tried. Dallas just out skated and out shot them in those 45seconds.


STARS:

1. Lehtonen : He was on point last night. Protecting the net like a cobra protecting it's eggs.
2. Richards : first goal of the game. You've got to give it to him. Out of all the goals that night his was the only one that got past a goalie.... just saying.
3. Blue Jackets: They played with heart and NEVER gave up. At least that's what the highlight reel showed me.




After Saturdays game against the Sabres the Jackets season will be over. At least I know they are going to fight to the death for the rest of their season. At least they will give their all and do it for the fans, that much is obvious.

So thank you for that BUT please, PLEASE,  no more empty nets. My heart just can't take it.

                      <3 i scream, you scream, we all scream for BJs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment